We are pleased to provide you with details on the terrestrial 2020-2021 Aboriginal Fund for Species at Risk (AFSAR) Call for Proposals. The application period for projects commencing in 2020/2021 is now open, and will close February 27, 2020, at noon Pacific Time (3pm Eastern).
Now in its 17th year, AFSAR support the development of Indigenous capacity to participate in the recovery of species at risk, protection of their habitat, and in preventing other species from becoming a conservation concern.
New for 2020/2021 – PLEASE NOTE CHANGES below:
- The AFSAR on-line Tracking System (TS) will no longer be accepting new project proposals. The AFSAR TS will remain active for reporting on existing approved AFSAR projects only.
- AFSAR applications must be submitted through the Grants and Contributions Enterprise Management System (GCEMS). GCEMS is now open to accept applications for all open ECCC funding programs.
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) are not required to gain access to GCEMS. However, I strongly encourage you to submit an Expression of Interest (attached) or otherwise contact me to discuss your proposal, in order to ensure that your proposal aligns with the 2020-2021 Program priorities.
- The deadline for AFSAR is NOON Pacific Time (therefore 3pm Eastern). Proposals will not be accepted after the system closes. I recommend that you begin the registration and application process early to ensure you are able to submit your application before the deadline.
- GCEMS technical assistance is available through the generic email box firstname.lastname@example.org. A technical assistance guide on how to set up a GCEMS account is available here.
- This AFSAR call is for terrestrial projects only. Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) is responsible for administering the aquatic AFSAR program, and their application process is now closed for 2020-2021. Applicants wishing to discuss the aquatic AFSAR program should contact the appropriate DFO regional coordinator.
- The deadline to submit a proposal is February 27, 2020 at noon (Pacific Time).
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the recovery of species at risk and in preventing other species from becoming a conservation concern.
Attachment:AFSAR Expression of Interest Form