Treaty and Aboriginal Land Stewards Association of Alberta (TALSAA)
Visit the TALSAA Website : TALSAA
Land management training and networking for thriving First Nations communities.
- Advance our mission through membership Growth
- Create and maintain Trust through open communication
- Build Capacity of lands departments
- Commit to achieving our Goals
- Meet Communities ‘where they are’
- Promote practices for Sustainable lands AND economies
Our mission is to support First Nations communities in their journey to self-sufficiency through land management training and networking. We believe in growth through communication and collaboration, building capacity within lands departments, and meeting communities “where they are.” We are committed to promoting sustainable land practices and economies.
Our vision is to provide First Nations communities with the tools they need to manage their lands and resources in a sustainable way. We believe in strong, healthy communities that are self-sufficient and connected to their land. We are committed to promoting traditional values and practices that sustain the land and the people.
- Increase membership and partnerships to ensure our training and networking opportunities reach more First Nations communities
- Connect First Nations communities with knowledgeable people and organizations to build capacity for land management
- Provide education and support for sustainable land practices and economies
- Facilitate meaningful dialogues between leaders, experts, and community members on issues of land management
- Create a network of resources that will enable First Nations communities to develop their own land-related initiatives
- Develop and implement innovative strategies that focus on the needs of each community
- Empower First Nations communities to become self-sufficient in their land management journey
- Promote collaborative efforts between First Nations communities, governments, and industry stakeholders.
At TALSAA, we are dedicated to working with First Nations communities to ensure the sustainability of their lands and resources. We are committed to fostering a spirit of collaboration between our members, providing them with the necessary tools for successful land management, and advocating on their behalf. By connecting First Nations leaders, experts, and community members, we hope to create lasting relationships that will result in healthier, more vibrant communities.
TALSAA is dedicated to providing knowledge and resources to empower First Nations communities. We believe that these efforts will lead to greater self-sufficiency and improved quality of life for all indigenous people. Together we can create a brighter future for our lands and the people they support.
- Grow our membership
- Increase positive awareness of our work
- Sustainably expand our services
For additional information about TALSAA , please contact:
CloAnn Wells, Chair
Treaty and Aboriginal Land Stewards Association of Alberta
Blood – Kainai
Executive Director, TALSAA