Planning and Land Administrators of Nunavut (PLAN)
To effectively facilitate the transfer of lands and ensuing governance responsibilities as per Article 14 of the Nunavut Land Claim Agreement through enhanced training and support mechanisms at the community level. The PLAN will act as the premier professional land & planning administration body in Nunavut.
Each community in Nunavut (25 in total) has a “Community Land Administrator” whom is responsible for all activities pertaining to community planning and land administration. PLAN is composed of these communities.
PLAN received its Certificate of Incorporation on March 29th, 2004. PLAN has seen a few Board of Directors over the past few years and is currently proactive in re-establishing activity for its members.
Goals & Objectives
- Be the premier professional body for planning and land administration in Nunavut
- Be proactive in our involvement with ongoing governance evolution
- Uplift the morale of the community land administrator by securing funding for these positions and provide ongoing training initiatives
- Legitimize the work of the community land administrator at the highest standard
- Develop capacity by providing relevant lands management training to all members
- To provide networking opportunities for members for land management dialogue
- Develop partnerships with the Government of Nunavut, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada, and the Municipality of Training Organization.
For additional information about PLAN, please contact:
Charlene McCue, Regional Lands Association Support
National Aboriginal Lands Managers Association
1024 Mississauga St. General Delivery
Curve Lake, ON K0L 1R0
Phone 1 (877) 234-9813
Fax (705) 657-7177