The Kwikwetlem First Nation (KFN), located in Coquitlam, BC, are proud hən̓ q̓ əmin̓ əm̓ -speaking (downriver Halkomelem) Coast Salish people, who descend from a tradition of elders who were renowned as spirit and winter dancers, skilled canoe builders, and master sturgeon and salmon fishers. As we look to the future, we seek to care for our community and our traditional lands in culturally meaningful ways. KFN is committed to economic development to promote the self-determination and long-term growth of the Nation.
We are looking for an experienced Referrals Manager to support various planning and consultation activities of our busy Lands and Resources Department. The Referrals Manager offers support for all project management aspects of ongoing consultation and negotiation activities, as well as enhancing the referrals management system capabilities, including referral review and environmental review of all large resource projects in the Nation’s Territory. This role will also include supporting the Nation’s various claims and community planning initiatives, including Comprehensive Community Planning and Land Use Planning. The Referrals Manager will spend a significant amount of time relationship building, managing staff and consultants and negotiating with various proponents.
Please visit www.kwikwetlem.com for more information. Cover letter and resume can be sent to email@example.com
Job Posting – Referrals Manager Kwekwetlem BC
Splatsin, located in Enderby BC is seeking to hire a Lands and Resources Manager to oversee the development and maintenance of a land use plan for Splatsin.
Job Title: Lands and Resources Manager
Specific duties include:
- Under the instruction of the director, monitor and evaluate the progress and budgets of department programs and initiatives.
- Day to day supervision of the department support staff.
- Oversee the tracking and management of Splatsin reserve lands.
- Seek external funding sources as needed to support the Title and Rights department staff and programs.
- Assist with the promotion and education of Secwepemc culture, language, etc.
- Assist with the development of departmental operational budget.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of accurate land use records including maps and abstracts.
- Participate in presentations.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: August 25, 2017
You can view the posting here 2017 Splatsin Posting Lands and resources, Manager
CAMA is pleased to announce its 25th Silver Anniversary Conference
“Water For Life. Mining For Need. Achieving Balance.”
November 12 – 14, 2017
Marriot Eaton Centre in Toronto, Ontario.
The Aboriginal Environmental Leadership Circle again co-hosting and presenting our pre-conference on Sunday.
The CAMA National conference is dedicated to increasing the understanding of Aboriginal mining’s and Aboriginal communities’ paramount interests,
in lands and resources, by the minerals industry.
Through increasing awareness, all parties will benefit.
For more information, and to register, please visit https://aboriginalminerals.com/pages/conference?mc_cid=98f389a7f6&mc_eid=129dfffa0f